Sunday, December 12, 2010

Stories from a Flight Attendant

When people hearing that I was a flight attendant, I usually get one of two reactions. A) "Wow... How did you get that job?" or B) "Well you must have some stories to tell!" I have had the chance to travel the world with the world's leading new airline that lucky for me had the policy that the crew hotels had to be of a certain standard.  People are expecting to hear random travel stories that I simply... do not have.



I have never been or almost been arrested in a foreign country, but I have stolen red roses from a kid outside of a Bangkok nightclub with my crew members.

I have not caught anyone having sex in the lavatory, however I have nicely asked a woman to turn around, get off her boyfriends lap and buckle her seat belt on a flight to Frankfurt Germany.

I have not had anyone purpose on a flight, but I have had a woman tell me that she couldn't sit by her husband because they were fighting.

I have not used drugs in a random Asian country, but there was this one time in Munich that my crew had drinks with our airlines competitor crew and it got a little heated.

I have not had a passenger threaten my life, however when a fellow crew member emptied an entire bottle of Tabasco sauce on the passenger's breakfast meal, we wondered if the passengers heads were going to stay attached.

I have never been involved with an emergency landing, though I have told passengers that because i had no more milk for their baby the captain would be landing the plane just for them!

Like I said, I just don't have those scary, eventful, thrilling stories to tell like most travelers do...but I do have my own kind of stories to tell!


Flight from Frankfurt to Abu Dhabi

3 comments: