Monday, December 6, 2010

A little Piece of Italy

Every sell proclaimed traveler has that trip that changes their life for the better or the worse. Some it may just be a check off a mental "bucket list", others it may be a place they dreamed of seeing since they we're small. While flying I saw a lot of places in many different countries. And the trip that stands out in my mind was my trip to Italy.

It all started in May 2008 when I got lucky and got called off a standby to go to Milan for a 72 hour layover. Still being "green" in the world for cabin crew I was so excited and immediately called my mother, who's dream it is to see Italy.

The only way that I can explain why this trip in particular changed my life then for the simple reason of a very large check on my then very small bucket list. The crew and I spent a wonderful 72 hours between Milan and Venice, eating, drinking and shopping in true Italian fashion. I remember the feeling I got when I got off the train in Venice... I oddly enough for the first time in my life, felt safe, like one would at home in their own country. Why? Scanning the Venezia train station, I counted 22 Canadian flags on backpacks, suitcases, sweaters, and hats. And being a proud Canadian, my maple leaf (which went with me on every trip I may add), was happily displayed on my hand jacket!

Nothing extremely special happened on this trip, and to be honest I wasn't feeling great when I was there, it just felt amazing, knowing that something else could be crossed off my "to -do " list. :)


  





No comments:

Post a Comment