Sunday, December 26, 2010

To each and every one of you...

As a sat on my Blackberry texting all my friends from around the world to wish them a wonderful Christmas, it dawned on me how many friends I have that I am horrible at keeping in touch with. I sent messages to my closest friends; Catherine, Katrina, Keshia, Caitlin & Pam, and then scanned through my phone to send festive wishes to those I only see once a year (if not less).

Lucia, the best roommate I could have ever asked for! The Slovakia native taught me more than she will ever know! It has been ironic that we have become closer now, when we live in separate countries! Lucia is the sweetest person I have ever met, and I can only hope our paths in life will cross again.
Dawn, my fabulous Abu Dhabi friend who I have known only since 2007. Her and her husband Paul were great friends to me while I spent some time on my own in the foreign city. I though of her and how she must be enjoying her English Christmas in Coventry with her friends and family.

Christie, or as i call her "My best Abu Dhabi" friend, whom I haven't seen in years. She left me on a midnight flight from Abu Dhabi to Manchester in the new year of 2008. I miss my wino friend, who was always good for a laugh and always made sure i could keep up with conversations and jokes with other English folk. 

Dale & Jane, Though i didn't actually contact this pair, I thought of them and their daughters Eden and Neve. The time spent with this couple in Bahrain was very much once in a life time. I wish them all the best in the new year while they raise their girls in South Africa.

The Barraclough/ Bristow Family, The first year since 2008 that I will not be with them at Christmas. I hope Lydia, Ella, Joshie, and Callum were good little ones and "my friend" St Nick found them this year. Though I have heard that the stomach fly hit this Bristol family home. May each of you feel better! Hugs and Kisses to all from Canada.


Though not always the easiest, I did have a wonderful year of traveling, and learning about myself and the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment