Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Trip to the "Nish"

Just this past weekend my mother and I took a trip to the small yet wonderful town of Antigonish Nova Scotia, to visit my little sister Holly at university.  Some background information about this trip.... I was telling my mother how after my plans to move overseas again in June fell through, I've been feeling pretty stuck in my small town. She calls with the brilliant idea to go to Antigonish for the weekend. Which don't get me wrong, I really loved getting out of town for a night, Antigonish isn't what I had in mind. Nevertheless, we headed off on the 4 hour drive on a Sunday evening.

We stayed at this fabulous little Inn on main street of Antigonish, The Victorian Inn; http://www.antigonishvictorianinn.ca/ . I suggest room five, it was beautiful! 

ANYWAY.... this is the first time my sister has lived away from home and she very excited about it. Everyone always says that they leave home children, and come home young adults when they go off to university. Holly on the other hand... yeah, she just thinks she's an adult! And another thing i noticed about my dear sister, she now talks in abbreviations. Take for example "The roomie and I went to this party at the S.U.B. then we went over to M.A.C. after we went down L.L., but then I was hungry so we went to the Cafs.The NISH is so much fun!" The funny part is... she gets upset if we ask her exactly who this Mac is she's talking about.

Though I had a wonderful time with my sister and mother, when I wasn't playing ref between the two, it wasn't the traveling experience I'm longing for.  My time spent in the Middle East was such a amazing experience of learning and self discovery. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment